Witches of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun Series Book 2)

Witches of Bourbon Street - Deanna Chase Witches of Bourbon Street is a fast-paced read, heavy on plot, but slacking in depth. There is a lot going on in the second installment of the Jade Calhoun series. The pages are packed full of rip-roaring paranormal catastrophe, which will whip you through New Orleans at record speed. Considering the location of the story, I would have preferred if more attention were given to setting and characterization. There are some complex struggles taking place and at times, it felt too glazed over. I think this had to do more with the pacing than anything else for me--the reader is literally taken to Hell and back in 48 hours. Well, we don't actually get to go, but the characters are sucked in and out...everyone from witches to angels, to the average guy. Despite missing a beat on dimensional depth, Deanna Chase still delivers a fun, quick read crammed with magical happenings. For those who prefer plot-driven YA paranormal, you'll likely enjoy this tour of New Orleans.