A Rogue's Pleasure

A Rogue's Pleasure - Hope Tarr Not my typical review, but this is not my usual read. However, Hope Tarr wins me over with this regency romance. A Rogue's Pleasure is, and I blush when I happily admit, a newly found guilty pleasure. I've already added several more of Hope Tarr's books to my to-be-read list. When the mood strikes, I can't wait to curl up with a chunk of chocolate, a warm blanket and surrender to the historical world the author paints. I quite enjoyed the dirty side of London. The characters are engaging and I fell head over heels for Lord Grenville. If you have a soft spot for 19th century rakes, you'll lust after him too. It was a fast paced read that had me flipping pages late into the night. I was having so much fun reading that I hated to put it down. It was entertaining, enjoyable, and delightfully romantic. Viscount Grenville is the ultimate historical bad boy of London and if I had a time machine I'd jump in it and likely throw myself on his doorstep. The love scenes were delicious and hung on the edge of erotic without spilling over into vulgarity. The language was romantic, seductive and sensual without being dirty. However, for the more prudish it might be too much and if you're longing for chaste traditional sexual restraint sometimes found in the historical genre, this is not your book. What I adored about Tarr's writing was that she mingles historical adventure and period setting with romantic sensuality. For me, this is a winning and entertaining combination. I felt very attached to Chelsea and Grenville and invested in their love story. I can't wait to read another! Besides, who can resist the new smoking cover!