Machine Man

Machine Man - Max Barry Interestingly, this book was born on a blog and grew into a novel. An interactive achievement occurred when fan followers and the ever-accessible author, Max Barry, collaborated. What started as a rouse to get Barry off his butt and writing turned into a philosophical science fiction marvel that is both compelling and thought-provoking. The main character, Charlie, as part of Better Future cannot help but view human biology as flawed and with the aid of a freak accident perpetuated by the misplacement of his cell phone, he's given an opportunity to improve that, which is inadequate. The novel is a technology-heavy, sci-fi experiment with nerdy humor and a side of transformer-like vision. Machine Man asks are we greater than the sum of our parts? But, it doesn't stop there. Barry takes it to another level--transcending the physical body. By thinking outside the box, Charlie might just find himself stuck in one. There is no doubt this story will give a reader a lot to mull over and it won't entertain everyone. Hardcore techie sci-fi fans with a taste for philosophy will likely be pleased with this selection. Comparable style to Perdido Street Station by China Mieville.[b:Perdido Street Station|68494|Perdido Street Station (New Crobuzon, #1)|China MiƩville|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NSMZRX33L._SL75_.jpg|3221410]